ENERGY STAR Multifamily High Rise
GBCI: 0910000416ENERGY STAR Multifamily High Rise building requirements, the process throughout building, and ideal team members.
- 3 CE
- LEED AP Homes
- LEED Green Associate
LEED version: v4, v2009
Published on: July 07, 2014
This course will explain the process of having multi-family high rises certified by ENERGY STAR. The certification, which signifies that the building has met rigorous efficiency standards, positions builders/developers as environmentally conscious and is associated with energy savings by consumers.
According to a 2013 study by the EPA, 87% of households recognized the ENERGY STAR label, with 82% having a high or general understand of the label’s purpose. Of the households that recognized the label and had purchased an ENERGY STAR labeled product, 73% said that their purchase decision was “very much” or “somewhat” driven by the brand. This widespread recognition and positive sentiment makes building to ENERGY STAR standards not only an environmentally responsible decision, but also a logical business branding choice.
Carissa will cover the ENERGY STAR Multifamily High Rise building requirements, the process throughout building, and ideal team members.
As part of this course, after watching the presentation, read the performance and prescriptive path approaches to building certification. Understanding the different paths to certification is essential to applying the best approach for your client’s building to be certified. (Reading materials are available in the Additional Resources section on the right. Quiz questions will be based on the presentation and these two readings):
• ENERGY STAR Multifamily High Rise National Performance Path Requirements
• ENERGY STAR Multifamily High Rise National Prescriptive Path Requirements
Additional materials are also available in the Resource section to support what is covered in the presentation and readings:
• ENERGY STAR Multifamily New Construction Program Decision Tree, Version 1.0
• Testing & Verification Protocols
• Testing & Verification Worksheet Example
• ENERGY STAR MFHR Photo Documentation Instructions
• ENERGY STAR MFHR Simulation Guidelines
- Identify key project team members of an ENERGY STAR MFHR project
- Identify the differences between the ENERGY STAR for Homes and the MFHR program and which program a particular project falls under
- List the steps to ENERGY STAR MFHR certification
- Identify ENERGY STAR MFHR program benefits
- Outline the differences between the prescriptive and the performance path of ENERGY STAR MFHR